What Questions Do You Need To Ask To Find the Right Photographer For Your Wedding?
It doesn't seem like it should be that hard of a thing to ask, but finding a photographer for your wedding can end up being a lot more of an investment (no, not just ca$h) than you think! Your photographer will spend the ENTIRE day with you, sometimes several days. You want to make sure your personalities match so that you don't regret being stuck with someone who bothers you all day long. Secondly, you also don't want to have to worry about being poked in the eye with all sorts of hidden fees or Facebook publishing rights or a whopper for getting prints a year later. Or what about meals? Do you have to pay for an additional meal for your photographer on that day? Do you care if you do? These can all be things you may or may not have thought of yet. And as a wedding photographer, I am super interested in learning from folks what they think are the important questions. So I'll share some questions that I think should be asked- but I'd also love to hear from you! Feel free to comment with questions you think your photographer should handle knowing what you know now or still need to know!
1. Do you have a portfolio I can look at?
2. Do you have a policy if we go over our time budget?
3. What post-products do you offer? Can I get my own prints elsewhere? Why or why not?
4. What photo album companies do you use?
5. Do you have a guaranty of my images on my wedding and after?
6. How long do you store my images for? Is there an archive?
7. If my date, venue or otherwise changes, what is your policy?
8. Does my butt look fat in this?
9. Are you insured?
10. How many wedding have you shot altogether?
Now I'd like to hear from you! Are there any questions I'm missing?